Behaviour & Motivation
Behaviour Policy and Strategy
To view our Twynham Learning Behaviour Policy, our Behaviour Strategy and all Appendix information please click on the links below.
As a school, we put a great emphasis on high expectations and valuing the success of all our students. To this end, all students are encouraged to collect Achievement Awards (AAs) issued by staff for excellent work, effort or contribution to the school community. Achievement awards are celebrated in end of term assemblies where the top 10 boys and girls in each year group is published and students receive certificates and badges. There are also numerous opportunities throughout the year for students to earn rewards individually or as part of their tutor group.
Celebrating success is important to us and we recognise achievement throughout the year. Colours may be awarded for commitment to sport and other subjects may award a school badge. There is regular celebration of success throughout the year by Tutors, Heads of Year and the school as a whole.
We have high expectations of our students and have identified definable Grange Behaviours that we recognise will support students in improving their learning
These are STAR Behaviours:
Sat or stood up straight
Tracking the speaker
Ready to Ask or Answer learning questions
Showing Respect for themselves and others
Having high expectations of themselves and their levels of effort so that they are giving: 100% for 100%
Having a positive effect on the school community by
|Respecting themselves||Respecting others||Respecting the site|
There are very few formal rules at the school, but below is a list of routines which will help students get things right:
- All coats should be removed before entering any buildings.
- All books, pencils and Student Planners should be on the desk ready to start the lesson.
- Students are encouraged to remain hydrated and therefore water may be drunk during lessons.
- All students should be seated quietly ready for the lesson. Students should not sit on tables at any time.
- Lateness will lead to students receiving a detention.
- No student should pack up until told to do so by a member of staff.
- All chairs and tables should be returned neatly to the correct place before any student leaves the room.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in school and if any student brings gum into school they will receive an automatic detention.
- We operate the Grange Behaviours system for inappropriate behaviour. Please note that parents do not have the right to withdraw a child’s attendance at a detention, although we will try to be helpful if there are specific personal difficulties.
- Mobile phones, MP3 players and other mobile devices are not permitted and will be confiscated if seen.
- Students must not wear headphones.
- Students must always use the litter and recycling bins appropriately.