At The Grange School we value the importance of school community and ensuring that as a school we work together to improve the provision that we offer. The Parent Forum is a partnership between parents and the school. It is a valuable way to share ideas, views, concerns and make suggestions for improvement. Each session we share developments that are taking place within the school and ask for feedback alongside introducing new improvements to gain parental feedback before implementation. We value the importance of parents being part of the process of development.
As a member, you have:
- a right to advice and information about your child's education at the school
- the opportunity to be more involved with what the school is doing
- the opportunity, along with all the other parents, to have your views represented
The Aims of the Parent Forum
The Forum exists for the benefit of all the students at The Grange School. The improvement of students' learning should be the Forum's clear and consistent goal. The Forum is a means to feed information from TGS to parents and from parents to TGS. The Forum is not to be used for raising specific issues about individual students or staff or to raise complaints. There are other processes in place in school to address these.
Key aims are:
- work together to improve the education provided for our students
- share information, knowledge and skills
- meet in a mutually supportive environment
- further improve communications between parents/carers and staff/governors
The Head of School welcomes attendance of all parents. Governors and other members of staff are also invited to attend. Everyone will be invited to contribute.
Although Forum meetings are informal, there will be a structured agenda set by the Head of School in collaboration with parents:
- A welcome and introduction by a member of staff
- Feedback on issues/action points from the previous Forum as required
- Agenda shared, focusing on specific focus for the Forum
- Opportunities for parents to discuss/generate ideas on focus
- Feedback from parents
Meetings will take place once a term, between 6pm and 7pm, in the Staff Room.
All PowerPoints shared at the meetings and reports of the feedback given are shared on this website page. All feedback is taken by the school and this will help to develop a better understanding of the views and needs of parents and how we might address and incorporate them in school developments and practices. Benefits to parents are that they will have a greater understanding of the way the school operates, have more information about their children's education and the quality of that education, be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the school and share in the vision for the school.
We also ensure that at school open evenings and events we ask members of the parent forum to join these events to create a parent voice group. This gives prospective parents the opportunity to discuss the school with other parents that already have children who attend TGS.
|TGS Parent Forum 22nd Oct 2020||23rd Oct 2020||Download|
|TGS Parent Forum 11th Feb 2019||02nd Mar 2020||Download|
|TGS Parent Forum 3rd Dec 2019||02nd Mar 2020||Download|
|TGS Parent Forum 11th February 2021||26th Mar 2021||Download|
|TGS Parent Forum 10th December 2020||26th Mar 2021||Download|
|TGS Parent Forum 25th March 2021||26th Mar 2021||Download|
|TGS Parent Forum 20th May 2021||03rd Jun 2021||Download|