Free School Meals (FSM)
If you are a parent on a low income or if you are in receipt of any of the benefits mentioned below, your child may be entitled to Free School Meals. This meal can be taken at break time or lunch time.
If you wish to apply for Free School Meals, we would ask you to click here. This will take you to the Dorset Council website.
Once you have received notification from Dorset County Council that your application has been approved, we would ask that you let us know so that we can update our database.
If and when your situation and circumstances change and you are no longer in receipt of the appropriate benefits, it is your responsibility to inform us and Dorset County Council that your child is no longer eligible to receive Free School Meals.
Your child might be able to receive free school meals if you are currently in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals, they may be entitled to further financial help with items such as uniform, music lessons, school trips and visits and extra-curricular activities. This financial help will come from the Pupil Premium funding we receive. Requests for further help will be considered on an individual basis and we would ask you to contact the school directly to begin this process.
If you would like to request help with school uniform, please telephone the school on 01202 486536 or email email@example.com. You may apply for help with uniform on a maximum of two occasions throughout your child’s time at The Grange School.
Please note that the above benefits apply to students in Year 7 through to Year 11.