Careers Guidance: Parent Information
The Grange School has an established careers programme and is working towards achieving the Gatsby Benchmarks; this is the standard by which schools measure their Careers Education Information Advice & Guidance (CEIAG).
Our students have access to careers guidance in a variety of ways:
- In Year 9, there is dedicated time during PSHE lessons covering such things as GCSE and BTEC options, local labour market information.
- In Year 10, students complete a one-week work experience. Selection for this, and further information, are available in the autumn term. This is always a highly successful, worthwhile and valuable experience for the students. Unfortunately, due to age restrictions and demand, it is not always possible to match a student’s career aspirations with a work placement, particularly in fields such as medicine, dentistry and veterinary. All placements are vetted. Alongside our Post 16 Progression Evening, students can also request 1:1 Careers Guidance with a qualified independent Careers Advisor.
- In Year 11, there is dedicated time in PSHE for students to write their CV and personal statements and learn more about LMI (Labour Market Information). Students also have progression interviews in addition to 1:1 Careers Guidance with a qualified independent Careers Advisor. Students can also ask for support with Post 16 applications and interviews.
- In addition, there are many other careers inputs through assemblies and events such as Employability and Enterprise Days, Year 9 Options Evening, post-16 and post-18 Progression Evenings, a Top University and a Top Apprenticeship Event and Sixth Form Open Evening.
- We have a dedicated Oxbridge tutor who helps students plan and make applications to Oxford and Cambridge. For any student considering medicinal/veterinary careers, we provide them with the necessary guidance and interview practice.
- Moreover, we have a unique Alumni Event, which allows Year 11 and Sixth Form students to meet some of our very best past students, gaining advice and work experience opportunities.
If you would like to request an appointment on behalf of your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 486237.
You may also be interested in our destinations data:
|Destination||2017 (96)||2018 (85)||2019 (109)||2020 (73)|
Our destination data shows that an overwhelming majority of our students go on to sixth form college or school within the local area
Labour Market Information can be found here.
For further information on Sixth Form and College Open Events in 2022 - 2023 please click here.
We can also be followed on Twitter @TL_Careers